Apple Stilton Salad
- 2 tbsps white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 12 tsp dijon mustard
- 14 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 18 tsp salt
- black pepper (freshly ground, taste)
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (coarse)
- 10 tsp sugar
- 2 belgian endives
- 2 Granny smith apples
- 12 cup stilton cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tbsps fresh tarragon (chopped, leaves)
- ground white pepper (freshly, taste)
In a small bowl whisk together vinegars, mustard, and sugar. Add oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk vinaigrette until emulsified. Stir in shallot, salt and black pepper.
In a small saucepan melt butter over moderate heat and add walnuts and sugar. Cook walnuts, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes, and transfer to a bowl.
Cut endives into julienne strips. Halve and core apples and cut into small chunks
In a large bowl combine endives, apples, walnuts, Stilton, tarragon, and vinaigrette, tossing gently, and season with salt and white pepper.